New review article just out on the Musculoskeletal Science and Practice journal.
Published: Oct 2017
- • The effects of combining therapies on neck pain and function was assessed.
- • No studies investigated the effects of adding exercise therapy to manual therapy.
- • Adding manual therapy to exercise therapy does not seem to improve outcomes.
- • The quality of evidence was moderate for pain-at-rest outcomes.
- • The quality of evidence was moderate-to-low for neck disability and QOL outcomes.”
It seems yet more evidence of poor outcomes with manual therapy. However I have not read the article so would not be able to comment.
Please click here for the article.